Initiatives & Resources
- Dedicated work at the global, regional and country levels to mainstream gender in strategies for the development of statistics. Activities and products include the creation of a new gender module in ADAPT, a new framework for assessing gender statistics in national statistical systems and in-country gender data workshops across the globe.
- Spearheading “Capacity Development 4.0” (CD4.0), including the production of brand-new Guidelines for Developing Statistical Capacity which launched in January 2020.
- Annual evaluations of the state of support to statistics at both the international (PRESS) and country (CRESS) levels.
- Advocacy and support for greater financing for more and better data via PRESS, CRESS and the Bern Network.
- Global coordination of international, cross-sector dialogue and action on issues in development data via regular cross-regional engagement.
News stories can be found here.
Priorities as a partner of the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data
To encourage the better use of statistics in developing countries, by providing support and strengthening National Statistical Systems. This overall broad commitment will be achieved by completing a series of planned activities that contribute to harnessing the data revolution. These commitments are particularly important as national statistical offices (NSOs) must be at the heart of the data revolution to bridge the existing global data inequalities. Strengthening their systems will be a critical success factor of the data revolution.