In today’s hyperconnected world, organizations can find it difficult to keep up with the latest trends or to make sense of the countless transformations taking place around them.
How can you decipher the potential impact of rapidly unfolding changes on your organization when you’re flooded with information—some of it misleading or unreliable? How do you continuously adapt your vision and strategy within a fast-evolving global context? How can we leverage collective intelligence to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
Get clarity from complexity, stay abreast of the latest developments, and drive strategic conversations within your organization.
Leaders require new tools to make better strategic decisions in an increasingly complex and uncertain environment. The World Economic Forum offers Strategic Intelligence as an engagement option to help you understand the global forces at play and make informed decisions that will have a positive impact on your organization.
What is the Strategic Intelligence platform?
The Forum’s Strategic Intelligence platform is a suite of digital tools designed to help business leaders make informed strategic decisions. Its dynamic, cutting-edge features can help you avoid blind spots, overcome institutional biases, broaden your perspective, reduce time-to-insight, and connect with leading experts on a specific topic.
What makes Strategic Intelligence so unique?
1. An interactive data visualization tool that helps you make sense of complex, interconnected issues: Our Transformation Maps – a key feature of Strategic Intelligence—help you visualize and analyse the interconnections among more than 120 topics, illustrating how developments in one area can impact other areas. For each topic, the platform contains trusted, relevant content in a digestible, user-friendly format.
2. The collective intelligence of the world’s foremost experts and leaders from government, business and civil society organizations: All the content reflects the views of a wide range of experts from the World Economic Forum’s Expert Network and is curated in partnership with leading academic and research institutions.
3. An information database enhanced by artificial intelligence and machine learning that scans and synthesizes thousands of publications from trusted sources: More than 1,000 publications are scanned daily from over 250 carefully selected think tanks, research institutions and publishers.
How can Strategic Intelligence help your organization?
With the Strategic Intelligence platform, you can:
1. Gain a wider perspective on issues that matter to your organization and bring a more holistic approach to decision-making. Explore, monitor, and deepen your understanding of major forces that are shaping industries, economies, and global issues and see how they intersect. Discover the key influencers and stakeholders behind those forces and make better-informed decisions to help your organization adapt to and even anticipate the transformations impacting our world.
2. Create a clear vision and robust strategy for your organization. Develop and stress-test your vision and strategy with the ability to easily explore, understand, and monitor political, economic, societal, technological, and environmental trends and disruptions. Access cutting-edge insights from the world’s leading experts to help your organization keep pace with the latest developments.
3. Mobilize key stakeholders across your organization on strategic issues. Work with both internal and external stakeholders to collectively explore relevant topics and collaborate on designing smart organizational strategies. Our Strategic Intelligence platform provides a space for users to explore and learn about the most important transformations shaping our world. Joint exploration can also create a sense of ownership across the organization, which increases the likelihood that your vision and strategy will be implemented successfully.
Visualize the strategic landscape via a Transformation Map that depicts the most important topics in that domain as well as their connections to other topics. Each topic contains a feed of the latest articles and reports (drawing from over 250 trusted sources and curated by AI and machine learning technology), relevant data, and a list of key experts in the field, as well as related Forum events and initiatives. Generate Dynamic Briefings for a summary of the most relevant, up-to-date information on your topics of interest.
Follow a subset of issues and receive personalized content feeds. Identify key indicators from those feeds, including trending topics, influencers, and related content. Deepen your understanding of topics that interest you and monitor their evolution over time.
Create maps around your own personal or organizational priorities to explore, analyse, and monitor your strategic context. Communicate and share complex interrelationships through a simple framework that dynamically integrates all connections and related content.
“This is a state-of-the-art visual interface that allows users to map forces driving transformations across different areas in a way never possible before. This is a gold mine of knowledge to help leaders shape their future towards creating a better world.”
Jean-Claude Monney, Chief Knowledge Officer, Microsoft Services (2012-2017)