This guideline document is a contribution from the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data (the Global Partnership) based on international experience in advancing data roadmap processes, including contributions and discussions from the many partners involved in the Global Partnership. Activities and lessons learned from partner countries and organizations have informed and shaped this module. It is expected that, as data roadmaps for sustainable development processes continue and scale, this module will be updated regularly.
This module provides an overarching framework and set of guidelines for developing data roadmaps for sustainable development. It articulates the overall goals and purposes of the Data4SDGs Toolbox and links other modules to the roadmap process. This is not meant to be prescriptive: each country is at various stages of implementation against the SDGs and has to consider its own local priorities and context. Therefore, this module provides a set of recommendations for components of a data roadmap that implementing stakeholders can consider.
The Global Partnership has been holding a series of whole of government and multi-stakeholder national workshops to better understand the key issues, challenges and opportunities countries and stakeholders are facing in regards to data roadmaps for sustainable development. Country case examples and supporting resources are provided:
- Colombia: Data for SDG Strategies and Challenges
- Egypt: Integrating Sustainable Development Goals in the National Planning System
- Kenya: National Data Revolution Roadmap
- Philippines: Roadmap for the Implementation and Monitoring of the SDGs
- Sierra Leone: The Sierra Leone Experience
- Tanzania: An Integrated National Results Framework for the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063
- Global Partnership: Data Roadmaps for Sustainable Development