Priorities as a partner of the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data
As data has become a key enabler for sustainable development and believing that everyone should have an open and safe digital experience, Telefonica joins the Global Partnership in order to keep on harnessing the data revolution for sustainable development, by committing to:
1. Generating and spreading knowledge about digital development and participating in the global debate on how to harmonize digital economy public policies so that nobody is left behind.
2. Engaging in global dialogues and sharing our vision and evidence-based cases on how data, new digital technologies, and data-based services can help cities to be more inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
3. Mobilizing political will to promote interoperability and open data standards for assembling, accessing, and using data.
4. Mobilizing collective action, sharing knowledge, and building partnerships:
- To develop global data principles and protocols for sharing and leveraging privately held data so that digital confidence can be strengthened;
- to build a more robust and safe data ecosystems at country-level;
- to expand data literacy within multiple stakeholders;
- to leverage communities of data-aware researchers and practitioners; and,
- to foster collaboration among various research institutions, decision-making units, and data communities so that more Big-Data-for-Good initiatives are carried out.
5. Promoting the use of open data by entrepreneurs so that we can make global goals a local business.