Ministry of Environment, Sustainable Development, and Nature Protection of Togo
The Ministry of the Environment, Sustainable Development, and Nature Protection of Togo (Ministère de l’Environnement du Développement Durable et de la Protection de la Nature, MEDDPN) defines and coordinates the implementation of state policy on the environment and forest resources.
Tasks and Attributions of the Ministry
- Implement state policy on environmental management and forest resources;
- Draw up rules relating to the protection and protection of the environment, the prevention of pollution, and nuisances and the prevention of risks and natural disasters;
- Monitor compliance with and compliance with international environmental conventions, as well as the provisions of the Framework Law on the Environment, the Forest Code and the Biosafety Law;
- Monitor the integration of environmental concerns into the various sectoral policies and national development strategies;
- Develop means of support and supervision of the populations and other actors in the context of reforestation and forest management;
- Ensure cross-border police movement of chemicals and hazardous substances.
Priorities as a partner of the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data
Contribute to building and strengthening a mechanism for measuring and monitoring the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as well as measuring Togo's environmental and ecological sustainability.