Data for NOW: Accelerating SDG progress through timely data
Wednesday, 25 September 2019
8-10AM (Light breakfast available from 7.15am)
Ford Family Auditorium, Ford Foundation Center for Social Justice
320 E. 43rd Street, New York, NY
Breakfast will be served from 7:15AM
Program will begin promptly at 8AM
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development reflects a unique global consensus and commitment to address the world’s most acute and pressing challenges. But to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, and to leave no one behind, everyone in the world should be represented in up-to-date and timely data that can be used to measure progress and make decisions to improve people’s lives.
Too much of our data is out-of-date, and too many people are missing from the numbers. There is an urgent need for more accurate, timely, and comprehensive data to make the SDGs an actionable framework for sustainable development that can drive policies and programs in real time for all people.
This event will frame these challenges and opportunities for powerful and timely data aligned with urgent decision-making, with countries showcasing timely data innovation at scale.
Latest speaker list:
- H.E. Nana Akufo-Addo, President of Ghana (TBC)
- Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Matthew Rycroft, Permanent Secretary, UK Department for International Development.
- David Beasley, Executive Director, World Food Programme
- Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary, UN Economic Commission for Africa
- Patricia Obo-Nai, CEO, Vodafone Ghana
- Jamie Drummond, Co-Founder, ONE
- Rebecca Moore, Director, Google Earth
- Mats Granyrd, CEO, GSMA
- Eric Jing, Executive Chairman and CEO, Ant Financial Services Group (Alibaba)
- Ariunzaya Ayush, Chairperson of National Statistics Office of Mongolia
- Iván Mauricio Ojeda, Director General, Statistics, Surveys and Censuses, Paraguay
- Mahmoud Mohieldin, World Bank Group Senior Vice President for the 2030 Development Agenda
- Maximo Torero, Assistant Director General, Economic and Social Development Department, UN Food and Agriculture
- Rajesh Mirchandani, Chief Communications Officer, UN Foundation
- Claire Melamed, CEO, Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data
- Shaida Badiee, Managing Director, Open Data Watch