WHAT WE DO
The Global Partnership is working to build an enabling environment for harnessing the data revolution for sustainable development. Here is how we do it:
- Strengthening data ecosystems by supporting countries to develop and implement roadmaps for harnessing the data revolution for development
- Mobilizing collective action through global data collaboratives and mechanisms; and helping catalyze new collaboratives where needed
- Mobilizing stakeholders to develop global data principles and protocols for sharing and leveraging privately held data
- Engaging in global meetings on statistics, data, the SDGs, and sustainable development to spur innovation and collaboration among various data communities
- Defining a clear action plan for data revolution resource alignment and mobilization
- Harmonizing data specifications and architectures, and helping ensure the interoperability of technology platforms for assembling, accessing, and using data.
If you would like more information about the Global Partnership's work, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY WE DO IT
Limitations in data production, quality, access, and use are stunting the fight to end extreme poverty, combat climate change, and ensure a healthy life for all.
But change is coming — a data revolution is underway. Powerful data ecosystems are emerging and being made more accessible through government open data initiatives and data sharing by private actors.