Kwantu is a social enterprise that aims to make development more effective. We specialise in the development of management information systems for development programmes. Our focus is on helping government, NGOs, and others delivering social programmes to tackle the following problems:
- Collecting high quality data needed to manage and monitor programmes
- Using data effectively for management or monitoring (including the SDGs)
- Analysing, documenting and standardising business processes
- Creating offline apps that help field staff manage a business process
- Sharing a library of standard business process apps or their underlying data definitions across a network of implementers
- Sharing data collected by multiple partners into a central data warehouse for collective usage
- Harmonising data collected from multiple sources
Priorities as a partner of the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data
Kwantu seeks to revolutionise how we use data on programme performance. While technology has transformed our ability to collect better performance data, we have made less progress in how we share and aggregate data across organisations. We commit to developing data architecture and eco-systems that:
Make it easier for organisations to share, re-use and adapt data definitions
Simplify the agreement and adoption of common data standards
Facilitate the secure sharing of data across organisations.
This has the potential to transform the way in which we report to donors and share data for joint learning and advocacy.