Vice President, The Demand Institute and Nielsen
Associate Client Manager, The Demand Institute
- Accenture, Salesforce
- The Demand Institute (jointly operated by The Conference Board and Nielsen)
- United Nations Foundation
- US Department of State Office of Global Food Security
Project 8 has prototyped a cloud-based, open data collaboration platform focused on sustainable development data and human needs perspectives, in particular. It is a professional social network built around data. Through this platform, users can contribute, find, visualize and discuss data with other researchers and practitioners around the world. Together, the community can increase the visibility and utility of existing data, identify data gaps and discuss new sources of information. The project, which is being supported by The Demand Institute, UN Foundation, US Department of State’s Office of Global Food Security, Salesforce and Accenture, is being prototyped around Sustainable Development Goal 2 — "Zero Hunger” — but aims to eventually support data collaboration across all 17 goals.
This collaborative is active globally.
- Opening, sharing and leveraging existing data
- Increasing data literacy and capacity
- Catalyzing the mobilization and alignment of resources
- Supporting effective decision- and policy-making