- Latinamerican Development Bank (CAF)
- Pan American Institute of Geography and History (PAIGH - IPGH)
GeoSUR plans to create free and open entry points to spatial data published by Latin American and Caribbean agencies. Data may be consulted through a regional map viewer, map services from GeoSUR partners and various metadata services. Participating institutions register their various geoservices and metadata with the portal to make them available to the public; data should comply with standards endorsed by the International Organization for Standardization and the Open Geospatial Consortium. The GeoSUR Program is led by the Latin American Development Bank (CAF) and the Pan American Institute of Geography and History (PAIGH). It was developed with technical support from the U.S. Geological Survey.
- Generating new primary data
- Opening, sharing and leveraging existing data
- upporting effective decision- and policy-making