Nicolas de Cordes
Vice President for Marketing Anticipation
- Orange Group
data for development
Can call detail records be used to support national and international monitoring needs?
Data for Development seeks to answer this question using a private-public partnership approach. Data for Development is an innovation challenge meant to make anonymous data, extracted from the mobile network, available to international research laboratories. The Data For Development Senegal Challenge, for instance, sought to aid the development and welfare of Senegalese citizens and reward advances in algorithms of anonymization, data-mining, display and cross-referencing of data. It engaged local and regional stakeholders in academia and applied research to ensure benefits in education and economic development, in particular the ecosystem of local start-ups and companies.
This collaborative is active in Côte d'Ivoire and Senegal.
- Generating new primary data
- Improving current systems
- Developing new collection techniques
- Opening, sharing and leveraging existing data
- Fostering the development of principles and good practices
- Supporting effective decision- and policy-making.