Communications Specialist, UN Global Pulse
- UN Global Pulse
- Western Digital
- Skoll Global Threats Fund
- Crimson Hexagon
- Earth Networks
- Plume Labs
- Schneider Electric
data for climate action
Data for Climate Action is an unprecedented open innovation challenge to harness data science and big data from the private sector to fight climate change. Data scientists, researchers, and innovators from around the world are encouraged to apply and submit their proposals at www.DataForClimateAction.org by 10 April 2017.
This global challenge has galvanized a diverse coalition of companies from multiple industries and countries to participate through acts of 'data philanthropy.' The challenge will offer researchers an opportunity to gain unprecedented access to national, regional, and global datasets–anonymized to protect privacy–and robust tools to support their research.
This collaborative is active globally.
- Opening, sharing and leveraging existing sources of big data from the private sector
- Increasing data literacy and capacity for big data analysis amongst researchers around the world
- Catalyzing the mobilization and alignment of resources to apply big data for climate action
- Fostering the development of principles and good practices around "data philanthropy" and data-sharing between private and public sector entities
- Supporting effective decision- and policy-making for climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience.