Strategic Communications and Partnerships Officer, UN Global Pulse
- Planet Labs
- Schneider Electric
- Skoll Global Threats Fund
- UN Global Pulse
data for climate action
Data for Climate Action is an open innovation challenge to generate data-driven climate solutions. It galvanizes institutions and researchers from around the world to analyze private sector datasets in order to unearth insights on climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience.
In 2015, D4CA engaged companies to commit to share data for the challenge, leading to "data philanthropy" announcements at the the 21st Conference of the Parties on Climate Change in December. In 2016, D4CA will facilitate the testing of new models and frameworks for the responsible sharing and use of private sector big data. Final scoping depends on contributed data, participating research teams and country engagement.
This collaborative is active globally.
- Opening, sharing and leveraging existing sources of big data from the private sector
- Increasing data literacy and capacity for big data analysis amongst researchers around the world
- Catalyzing the mobilization and alignment of resources to apply big data for climate action
- Fostering the development of principles and good practices around "data philanthropy" and data-sharing between private and public sector entities
- Supporting effective decision- and policy-making for climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience.